Sunday, March 7, 2010

Yesterday I commented on all the fad diets and then I came across the US Weekly with Kelly Osbourne on the cover. First let me say...says she lost 42 pounds, which is right about the amount I want to lose and she looks really good, now. But what scares the poop out of me is the way she looked before dieting...if I need to lose 40 pounds and she lost 42, does that mean I look like she did pre-diet? OMG if that's the case I really need to get motivated! Kelly's plan is a low carb diet and she does not deprive herself of the things she really likes, so hopefully she will keep the weight off, unlike K.A. (Cheers) Kelly's plan reinforces my belief that eating off my tea party dishes is the key! All those fad diets and diets that deprive you of the good foods are only temporary because as soon as you reach your goal and start to eat the things you like, you still have not taught yourself to eat smaller quantities and you end up right back where you were, hence K.A. We Americans are so spoiled and we eat too much. Remember the days when there was no such thing as super-sized! I have gone back to stopping when I am full, thereby reducing my portion size and yes about half of what a restaurant serves is all I need to be full.


No comments:

Post a Comment